Simpson Observatory Open Houses
* Click here for --------> OBSERVATORY DIRECTIONS. (Do NOT use your mobile GPS. You WILL get lost).
* May 1, 2015 through October 30, 2015. 8:00PM - 11:00PM
* 2015 public nights season, every Friday evening, weather permitting
* Located at Washington Crossing State Park (NJ side).
* Up-to-the-minute information (Twitter) whether observatory is open or not (weather-related) - click HERE
The Amateur Astronomers Association of Princeton opens its observatory to the public starting Friday, May 1st, this year. We are opening a month later (May) to accomodate new equipment installations and other upgrades.. Anyone interested in the night sky is invited to visit. Non AAAP members are welcome and there is no fee. Here is sky map to bring along!
Please note: Children must be supervised by an adult. Due to restricted space and nature of the equipment, children must be closely supervised by parent or guardian.
Located in Washington Crossing State Park, the observatory houses a beautifully refurbished 6.25" Hastings-Byrne refractor and research-grade 14" Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector. During our open house season, guests can mingle with amateur astronomers to view a myriad of celestial objects. Members frequently bring smaller instruments and set up around the main observatory. Guests are invited to do the same! Have questions about visiting the observatory? Email us -- we'll be glad to help!
The observatory phone is 609-737-2575. You may call, if weather is variable, to see if we will open.